It is important that you carefully read the Online Registration Instructions (or view a PDF of these instructions here) or better yet watch the video. Do this SOON! Don’t wait until your registration appointment day!
Registration appointment days are assigned, and dates are posted on this page in the text below.
Registration appointment days are assigned according to the number of ‘total earned credits’, listed on your WebAdvisor transcript. (See Day Assignments, below.)
Video: Welcome, how to use WebAdvisor and register for courses (13m)
Meet with your Advisor
Students should speak with their Academic Advisor prior to registration. Contact your Academic Advisor or department to answer any curriculum questions.
To Be Eligible to Register, You Must:
- Have paid your Student Account. Students with a Student Account’s Hold will be notified and will be allowed to register only after the hold has been removed by the Student and Departmental Accounts’ Office.
- Have been formally admitted to the Graduate School of Education and Counseling by the time you have completed a maximum of nine semester hours.
Get your course selections set early by using “Preferred Sections”
If you have questions about using the preferred sections to register in WebAdvisor, you may view a step-by-step video by clicking on the following link:
Fall 2014 registration is now open for ALL students!
Spring 2015 registration is now open for ALL students!
Registration Day Assignments
Day assignment reminders will be emailed to students. Your registration time, on your day of assignment, begins at 7 am. Day assignments have been made according to the following criteria:
Semester begins: September 2
Add/Drop Period: September 2-12
Late Add/Drop Period Begins: September 13
Semester ends: December 12
- Monday, October 20, students with 31 or more total earned credits.
- Tuesday, October 21, students with 21 to 30 total earned credits.
- Wednesday, October 22, students with 11 to 20 total earned credits.
- Thursday, October 23, students with 0 to 10 total earned credits.
- Friday, October 24, all continuing and new Graduate students may register.
- Open Registration/Add/Drop begins October 24 and goes until the end of the Add/Drop Period (ADP)
Semester begins: January 12
Add/Drop Period: January 12-23
Late Add/Drop Period Begins: January 24
Semester ends: May 1
- Monday, February 23, students with 31 or more total earned credits.
- Tuesday, February 24, students with 21 to 30 total earned credits.
- Wednesday, February 25, students with 11 to 20 total earned credits.
- Thursday, February 26, students with 0 to 10 total earned credits.
- Friday, February 27, all continuing and new Graduate students may register.
- Open Registration/Add/Drop begins February 27 and goes until the end of the Add/Drop Period (ADP)
Summer Session I begins: May 11
Summer Session I Add/Drop Period: May 11-May 15
Summer Session I ends: June 12
Summer Session II begins: June 15
Summer Session II Add/Drop Period: June 15-June 19
Summer Session II ends: July 17
Summer Session III begins: July 20
Summer Session III Add/Drop Period: July 20-July 24
Summer Session III ends: August 21