Graduation Application and Diplomas
In order to be awarded a degree/certificate, students must apply for graduation in WebAdvisor, once they have registered for their final classes. Degree candidates who have submitted a degree application are eligible to participate in commencement if they have completed all of their degree requirements, or will complete all requirements by the end of the summer semester. The graduate school’s annual commencement ceremony is held on the first Sunday in June.
Degree/Certificate Posting Dates
- Fall 2022: December 21, 2022
- Spring 2023: May 19, 2023
- Summer 2023: July 21, 2023 & August 25, 2023 (summer posting dates are determined by the last date of your last class).
- Fall 2023: December 21, 2023
- Spring 2024: May 17, 2024
Degree/Certificate Application Process
- Log into WebAdvisor.
- Select Program Evaluation to confirm you are registered in your final classes and will complete all program requirements.
- On the WebAdvisor main menu select Apply for Graduation.
- Identify the degree/certificate program that you are completing (do not select a license or endorsement program).
- Follow prompts and submit form.
Once approved, you will be sent a Graduation Application Evaluation email. Degree candidates will receive additional details regarding participating in the June commencement ceremony. (Commencement ceremony participation is limited to degree candidates.)
When completing the Application for Graduation, you will be able to indicate whether you would like to pick-up your diploma in person, or have it mailed to an address you provide. NOTE: If you do not attend commencement, you may request to have one sent to you by contacting the Graduate Registrar’s office at email@example.com.
If you have misplaced or damaged your diploma we will be happy to provide a replacement diploma for you. If you have your original diploma and it has been damaged, we require that you return your original diploma to us. The completed Diploma Replacement Form is required before an order can be placed.
Your diploma will be ordered as soon as the form and payment of $50 are received. Please plan that it will take approximately 3 weeks to be returned to you.
Please submit the original form to:
Graduate School of Education and Counseling
Lewis & Clark College
Rogers Hall Room 301
615 S. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 90
Portland, OR 97219-7899
The Diploma Replacement Form must have an original signature and must be notarized or submitted in person.
If you have any questions please call us at 503-768-6030 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.