Degree Application and Diplomas
Degree/Certificate Program Application Deadlines
In order to graduate, students must complete an application for degree/certificate program candidacy. The degree/certificate program application must be filed with the graduate registrar before the applicable deadline:
- December degree/certificate: application deadline September 20
- May degree/certificate: application deadline November 20
- July or August degree/certificate:application deadline March 8
Degree candidates who have filed a degree application by the appropriate deadline, above, are eligible to participate in commencement. The graduate school’s annual commencement ceremony is held on the first Sunday in June.
Degree/Certificate Program Application Process
- Log into WebAdvisor
- Select Degree Application
- Select the degree/certificate program that you are completing (do not select a license or endorsement program)
- Enter your name as you want it to appear on your diploma
- Review/correct your mailing address
- Select the term in which you are completing your degree/certificate program
- List your hometown and state/country
- Log into WebAdvisor.
- Select Program Evaluation.
- Select the degree/certificate program that you are completing (do not select a license or endorsement program).
- Review, print, and sign your Program Evaluation. Important Note: you must be registered for ALL of your remaining classes BEFORE printing your evaluation.
- Submit your signed Program Evaluation to the Graduate Registrar’s office (in person, FAX, or scan and e-mail).
Once you have completed the steps above, your program advisor and department chair will review and approve your application to graduate or to complete your certificate program. Once approved, you will be sent a Graduation Application Evaluation email. Degree candidates will receive additional details regarding participating in the June commencement ceremony. (Commencement ceremony participation is limited to degree candidates.)
Due to social distancing guidelines and limited office hours, diplomas will not be available for pick up. All diplomas will be mailed to candidates who have no academic or financial holds, unless other arrangements are made.
DIPLOMA COVER NOTE: If you did not receive a diploma cover due to having a December posting date, please contact the Graduate Registrar’s office at email@example.com to request to have one sent to you.