Online Registration Instructions
- Prepare yourself by reading these instructions carefully!
- Plan your schedule. Current course schedule information is always available from the Registrar’s homepage. Classes occasionally have time changes, and courses or sections may be added or deleted since the last time that you looked. Do not assume that a class that was open two days ago will still be open. Similarly, a class that was closed may reopen.
- You should be able to register from any computer that has web access.
New students may access WebAdvisor within two business days of setting up their L&C email accounts.
You can select your courses and place them on your “Preferred Sections” by using Search and Register for Sections or Express Registration. This can be done before your registration appointment time. Your “Preferred Sections List” is analogous to a “Shopping Cart” with an online vendor. Items (course sections) can be put in a shopping cart (Preferred Sections List) before or at your registration appointment time. You can then “buy” the desired courses (register or waitlist) at your appointment time.
1. Access WebAdvisor: Go to the WebAdvisor web page located in the right hand column of this page and access WebAdvisor. Login by using your LC email login & password (do not include @lclark.edu).
2.Go to the Register for Sections page: Most of the initial options on this menu will eventually lead to the “Register and Drop Sections” page:
Search and Register for Sections
If you do not know the exact course information. Here you may search by subject, course number and even section number and place courses on your Preferred Sections list:
- You must select the term (Grad Fall - 2014) each time you enter this page.
- Do not enter the Start and End Dates – this will only slow down your search.
- Enter up to 5 subjects. You may also enter course numbers and even section numbers.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the submit button. The next screen lists all courses meeting your search parameters. Put a check in the box next to each course you want to put on your “Preferred Sections” list.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the submit button.
- Now you will be on the “Register and Drop Sections” page and you can see the courses in your ‘Preferred Sections’ list. If it is not yet your appointment time, logout of WebAdvisor. The sections that you chose will still be listed when you come back. On or after your appointment day, follow the instructions for “Register and Drop Sections” below.
Note: Most students do not find “Narrow My Search” and “Re-sort my results” (boxes at the top of the page) to be very helpful.
Faster than Search and register for sections, but you must know the exact course section information for each course you wish to add to your preferred sections list before going to this page.
1. Enter the subject, course number, section number and term for each course (EDAD 500 01 14/GF) OR you may just enter the synonym number and term (42765 13/GF) and the other fields will fill in automatically. Click “Submit” on the bottom of the page.
2. Now you will be on the “Register and Drop Sections” page. If it is not yet your appointment day, logout. The sections that you chose will still be listed when you come back. On or after your appointment day follow the instructions for “Register for previously selected courses” below.
Register and Drop Sections / Register for previously selected sections
On or after your registration appointment day, if you have placed courses on your Preferred Sections list by using Search & Register for Sections or Express Registration pages, you can simply go to this page and register for courses from your pre-selected list.
1. First, check the availability of the courses on your “Preferred Sections” list. If any of your classes are closed, you may add yourself to the waitlist or remove that course from your list. We recommend choosing the actions for each individual course (Register, Remove from List, or Waitlist) rather than using the “Action for all Preferred Sections” feature at the top of the page.
2. The next page is “Registration Results”. It has 3 parts. The first part shows the actions that were just completed. The second part shows everything that you are currently registered for in both the current and future terms. The third part shows courses that you are currently waitlisted for.
You may want to drop a course section. Here you may drop a course OR you may also, simultaneously, register for and drop a course. This is a safeguard in case the registration is not successful (prerequisites not met) then the drop will not be successful either. (Other choices also allow you to drop a section while you register for another.)
Double Check Your Registration Results
Always check the results of your registration by checking your schedule before logging off. Choose My Class Schedule to verify that you registered for your course(s) correctly. It is a good idea to print your schedule at this time.
Be sure to log out of WebAdvisor and close your browser for your security.
- If you want to register for two courses with a time conflict, no matter how small the conflict, you may not be permitted to register for both courses online.
- If a course is full, you can add yourself to the waitlist in the same way that you register for a course. If a space becomes available and you are next on the waitlist, you will be notified by email. You will generally have 4 days to respond to this email.
1. When using web registration, if the screens are left on the computer monitor for a long time without input from you, they will internally logout without your knowledge and you will have to login again from scratch. It is best to determine and make a list of courses you will register for before you start this process so there is a minimum of pauses for the registration program.
2. Be sure to click on the submit button only once and then wait for the next page to come up. If you click multiple times, you will get a “multiple submit” warning and have to start again. Click the Menu at the top right of the screen to start over.
3. Your computer must be set to accept cookies.
Policies and Procedures
- Credit only instead of a grade
- Independent study/practicum application
- Late adding or dropping a class
- Prerequisite Substitute/Waiver/Consent Form
- Special Student Registration Form
- Waitlisting Classes
- Withdrawal or leave of absence request
If you are having difficulty with registration or have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Registrar’s Office:
- Come to the office in Rogers Hall Room 301
- Call 503-768-6030
- email firstname.lastname@example.org