Convocation: A call to assemble, to reflect on the ways our core values—creativity, compassion, commitment—impact and sustain our professional lives. An opportunity for students and faculty to connect across programs and to reflect on the shared values of each of our disciplines.
Friday, 9.22.17, 4-7 pm
Connecting our mission and core values to practice across professions.
The Convocation is an opportunity for GSEC students and faculty to connect across programs and to reflect on the shared values of each of our disciplines. Information regarding the 2017 schedule will be updated as details are finalized.
Who is required to attend Convocation?
Convocation is required for all students enrolled the following programs:
- Any MAT program
- MEd in Educational Studies
- MEd in School Counseling
- EdS in School Psychology
- MA in Professional Mental Health Counseling
- MA in Professional Mental Health Counseling—Specialization in Addictions
- MA in Marriage, Couple, and Family Therapy
- MA in Student Affairs Administration
Convocation is not required for students in the following programs, but may be taken optionally and counted toward the two-unit core experience requirement:
- MEd in Curriculum and Instruction
- MEd in Special Education
- MEd with Preliminary Administrator License
If you have any questions regarding your Convocation requirement, please contact your advisor.