The Center for Community Engagement offers classes, events, workshops,
and certificate programs for personal and professional growth.
Our offerings are designed for:
- Counseling professionals and those interested in mental health and wellbeing
- Educators and those interested in school improvement
- Writers and teachers of writing
- Many of our offerings are open to anyone; admission to a graduate program is not required to enroll in most classes
For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up for our mailing list to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.
Berman, faculty instructor and coordinator of Problem Gambling Services at Lewis & Clark’s Graduate School of Education and Counseling, has been employing the treatment method, Seeking Safety, for over 15 years in his practice.
Collaborate With UsWe work with professional organizations, schools, school districts, and community groups to offer continuing education for mental health and education professionals.
Featured classes and events
July 24th, 2017
- Choice Reading: Connecting Kids with the Right Book at the Right TimeMondays, July 24 and August 14, 2017
August 18th, 2017
- Application of Dialectical Behavior Therapy when working in Grief and BereavementFriday, August 18, 2017
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
September 15th, 2017
- The Neurobiology of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)Friday, September 15, 2017
9 a.m.-4 p.m.