The Center for Community Engagement offers classes, events, workshops,
and certificate programs for personal and professional growth.
Our offerings are designed for:
- Counseling professionals and those interested in mental health and wellbeing
- Educators and those interested in school improvement
- Writers and teachers of writing
- Many of our offerings are open to anyone; admission to a graduate program is not required to enroll in most classes
For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up for our mailing list to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.
We chatted with Kempf-Burkart, Instructional Specialist at Beaverton Public School District and adjunct professor for Lewis & Clark College’s Reading Endorsement program about choice reading, literacy challenges facing educators, and her two upcoming courses.
Collaborate With UsWe work with professional organizations, schools, school districts, and community groups to offer continuing education for mental health and education professionals.
Featured classes and events
August 25th, 2017
- Clinical Supervision: Fostering Supervisee Development Through a Social Justice Informed PracticeFriday, August 25, 2017
9 a.m.-12 p.m.
September 15th, 2017
- The Neurobiology of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)Friday, September 15, 2017
9 a.m.-4 p.m.