The Center for Community Engagement offers classes, events, workshops,
and certificate programs for personal and professional growth.
Our offerings are designed for:
- Counseling professionals and those interested in mental health and wellbeing
- Educators and those interested in school improvement
- Writers and teachers of writing
- Many of our offerings are open to anyone; admission to a graduate program is not required to enroll in most classes
For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up for our mailing list to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.
Dawn discusses Courage to Lead programming and how this unique approach to professional development has changed her experience as an educator.
We work with professional organizations, schools, school districts, and community groups to offer continuing education for mental health and education professionals.
Collaborate With Us
Featured classes and events
October 14th, 2017
- Writing Culture: Exploring the Lost Art of the LetterNorthwest Writing Institute
Saturday-Sunday, October 14-15, 2017
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
November 3rd, 2017
- Ensuring an Ethical Practice when Supporting Culturally and Linguistically Diverse StudentsFriday, November 3, 2017
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
November 4th, 2017
- Bearing Witness: Writing and Social JusticeNorthwest Writing Institute
Saturday-Sunday, November 4-5, 2017
9 a.m.-5 p.m.