- <a href="/live/image/gid/56/width/650/92992_classroom-main-crop.jpg" class="lw_preview_image lw_disable_preview" tabindex="-1"><picture class="lw_image lw_image92992"> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/56/width/1440/height/690/crop/1/92992_classroom-main-crop.rev.1646429373.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/56/width/1440/height/690/crop/1/92992_classroom-main-crop.rev.1646429373.jpg 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/56/width/1440/height/690/crop/1/92992_classroom-main-crop.rev.1646429373.jpg" alt="" width="1440" height="690" data-max-w="3200" data-max-h="1177" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </a><div class="hero-full_image_caption collapsable-caption"/>
Your classroom is calling.
Lewis & Clark’s programs for educators prepare you to work in diverse school settings and with all children—including those from different cultural, linguistic, and economic backgrounds, and those who have special needs. Teachers learn to investigate and support each child’s unique growth—academic, social, and emotional—as citizens of the world. Here, extensive content preparation and research-based models form the basis of a rich intellectual experience and ensure your success beyond the classroom.
- Andrew Pfaff More about Andrew
“As an ELA teacher, I am able to use a diverse range of authors and texts, and break out of the traditional white male-dominated Western Canon so that, in an increasingly diverse public school setting, all of my students can feel represented in the materials that we study.”
For Prospective Teachers
We offer Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) programs for prospective teachers who want to teach in elementary or secondary school settings and for those interested in pursuing an ESOL endorsement. If you do not have a teaching license, the “prospective teachers” programs are for you. The MAT at Lewis & Clark’s Graduate School of Education and Counseling is a 12-13-month program that consists of courses and field experiences leading to a Master’s degree, Preliminary Teaching License, with either a multiple-subjects endorsement (for elementary candidates) or single content endorsement (for secondary candidates), and a K-12 license.
For Licensed Teachers
For licensed teachers who want advanced professional development, we offer a variety of master’s degree, endorsement, and certificate programs, including:
- Reading Intervention
- Special Education: Generalist
- Master of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- Teacher Leadership for Equity and Social Justice Certificate
Career and Licensing Support
We offer a wide variety of career and licensing services for graduate students and alumni. Our goal is to offer services and resources focused on your professional needs, including support for obtaining your teaching license and adding endorsements. Our faculty are also available to support you as you adjust to life in the classroom. We also offer courses and workshops through the Center for Community Engagement.