Part-Time MAT Elementary Cohort for School Employees
Designed for classified district employees who hold a bachelor’s degree, this district-affiliated, part-time cohort expands access to Lewis & Clark’s Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program and opens a new pathway for individuals with proven success working with children to become teachers.
Apply Contact Us
Timeline and Schedule
- Two-year part-time delivery of the same Lewis & Clark Elementary MAT program
- Combination of on-campus class meetings with distance learning coursework
- Practicum designed to allow students to maintain current employment
- Year 1 focus on mathematics instruction
- Year 2 focus on literacy instruction
- All school employees in the part-time MAT Elementary cohort program will receive a scholarship that reduces total program cost by approximately 32% compared to the full-time MAT Elementary program
- Some additional LC scholarship awards available for early admitted students
The part-time cohort is only available to applicants with a district-affiliated agreement. If you are interested in this option to be available within your district, would like information regarding how to enroll at a later date, or would be interested in a non district-affiliated option, please let us know.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any field and provide official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Demonstrate competency in mathematics and science through coursework, test results, or one-on-one competency interview
- Document prior experience in the elementary grades through a verification form completed by a classroom teacher
- Must submit district approval form (included in the application)
Note: letters of recommendation are not required to apply for the part-time cohort.
Ready to Learn More?
Please contact Linda Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications for Summer 2022 are now open.