Accessibility and Accommodations
Lewis & Clark Graduate School Commencement: Sunday, June 7, 2020
Lewis & Clark is a tobacco-free, smoke-free, vape-free campus.
Deadline to Request Accommodations: Friday, May 29, 2020
Graduate and Faculty Accommodations
- Graduates: Contact Courtney Whetstine, Graduate Registrar
- Faculty: Contact Sharon Chinn, Commencement Coordinator
Guest ASL and Mobility Accommodations
ASL Interpretation for Guests
ASL interpretation will be provided throughout the commencement ceremony. Graduates are asked to complete the form, below, requesting interpretation for their guests. Prior to the day of the ceremony, guests for whom ASL interpretation has been requested will receive day-of instructions from Kim Bernick, Graduate Commencement Accessibility Coordinator. On the day of the commencement ceremony, Kim Bernick and her team will direct guests to special seating in clear view of the interpreters.
Mobility Accommodations for Guests
Guests who use wheelchairs or who have difficulty walking long distances or climbing stairs are invited to request special drop-off, parking, and seating for the commencement ceremony.
To request accommodation, graduates or their guests are asked to complete the form, below, by Friday, May 29, 2020. Prior to the day of the ceremony, guests for whom accommodations have been requested will receive day-of instructions from Kim Bernick, Graduate Commencement Accessibility Coordinator. On the day of the commencement ceremony, registered guests will drop-off and park as follows:
Registered Guest Check-in and Drop-off for Commencement
- The driver will drop off the guest(s) for whom mobility accommodations have been requested and proceed to park the car. Please allow an additional 30 minutes; arrival by 9 a.m. is encouraged.
- Enter Gate #3 at the Information/Campus Safety entrance of the College. (Accessibility Map)
- Look for the signs that read: “Special Needs Passenger Drop-off”
- Drivers will be directed to special needs parking near Pamplin Sports Complex and Griswold Stadium.
- Guests will be greeted by an usher who will confirm their request and direct them to the elevator near the Lower Pamplin entrance.
- The elevator will take guests to the main floor where there is direct access (no stairs) to main floor seating. Please note that there is a bit of a walk—about 50 yards—from the elevator to the reserved seating.
- Ushers will assist in seating those who have requested accommodation.
- A golf cart may be available following the ceremony to take guests for whom mobility accommodations have been requested to the reception area.
Service animals are welcome at the ceremony and reception.