Learn to foster effective helping relationships and to create a wide range of interventions suitable for individuals, families, groups, and communities. Our programs are defined by small class sizes, an emphasis on making every voice heard, and a reputation for establishing deep connections. Read our full mission and objectives here.
We provide future counselors, therapists, and school psychologists with innovative programs of study that offer the knowledge and skills critical to the practice of:
- Art Therapy
- Marriage, Couple and Family Therapy
- Professional Mental Health Counseling
- Professional Mental Health Counseling - Specialization in Addictions
- School Psychology
We also offer specialty focus areas or certificates in eating disorders and ecopsychology.
Through the Lewis & Clark Community Counseling Center, we offer direct service to the community and intensive training, supervision, and education to counselor and therapist trainees from all programs.
Applying for Admission
For prospective students, more information about applying is available through the Admissions page.
For Current Students and Alumni
- Resources for current students include forms, handbooks, syllabi, and other important information.
- Through our Career and Professional Resources and alumni webpages, you can find information on the support we offer our students and graduates as they enter their chosen professions.
- We love to hear what our alumni are up to! Interested alumni can go here to share their news with the rest of the graduate school community.
In the News
In 2019, the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) held its third annual Student Ethics Competition. According to AAMFT’s website, the competition is designed to encourage marriage and family therapy students to foster an interest in ethics issues and enhance their ability to analyze and respond to the various ethics issues that they will undoubtedly encounter throughout their careers
CREDN Conference presenter Sand Chang discusses gender diversity in eating disorders treatment and the need for more competent care.
Lewis & Clark’s Ecopsychology Program draws on the healing power of the outdoors to enhance mental health.
Information regarding ordering photos, as well as a link to view the recording of the ceremony, are now available.
“It is my greatest honor to share in the work of AFTA and to be recognized by my colleagues for my contributions. I am deeply humbled to receive this award.” - Lana Kim