Off-Campus Reading Intervention Endorsement Program Info Session | North Clackamas
Date: 4:15pm PST November 14 Location: North Clackamas District Office Building, Board Room, 12400 SE Freeman Way, Milwaukie OR 97222
North Clackamas District Office Building, Board Room, 12400 SE Freeman Way, Milwaukie OR 97222
Please join us for an information session to learn more about our Reading Intervention Endorsement program—a new cohort is forming now in North Clackamas!
Date & Time: Tuesday, November 14th. Drop in anytime between 4:15-5:15 p.m.
Reading Intervention Endorsement coursework is for those who currently hold a teaching license and are looking for additional professional development. The program will further the practice of Pre-K, Elementary, and Secondary teachers who specialize in any subject area, and benefit administrators seeking ways to build the literacy practices of their schools and district. Additionally, the Endorsement prepares teachers to work as a Reading Interventionist at the Pre-K through Grade 12 levels, or a Literacy Coach.
Program Graduates will be Prepared to:
- Help students of all ages understand and draw deeper meaning from material across content areas, enriching comprehension of both non-fiction and fiction materials.
- Employ tools to observe, describe and learn from the behaviors of their students.
- Build cohesive theoretical bases for learner-centered literacy programs.
- Course dates and times will be discussed at the info session and are decided based upon availability of the group.
The program requires 15 semester hours of credit and averages 2.5 years of part-time study.
Off Campus Cohort Benefits:
- The opportunity to learn and work collaboratively with fellow teachers and school leaders.
- Flexible, hybrid coursework offered onsite in your district and online.
- Course dates and times based on availability of cohort members.
- Reduced, off-campus tuition rate within a cohort of 10 or more participants.
Interested in participating but can’t make it to the info session? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-768-6040 for more information.
New events are added to our calendar regularly. For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.