Convocation: A call to assemble, to reflect on the ways our “core” values—creativity, compassion, commitment—impact and sustain our professional lives. An opportunity for students and faculty to connect across programs and to reflect on the shared values of each of our disciplines.
Convocation is held annually in the September and is one of the required elements of the Core Program.
Friday, September 5, 2014
South Campus Chapel
3:30 Student sign-in
4:00 Convocation begins
6:00 Happy hour
7:00 Convocation ends
Mingle with students and professors from across academic programs during happy hour with snacks and drinks.
Who is required to attend Convocation?
Convocation is required for all students enrolled the following programs:
- Any M.A.T. program
- M.Ed. in Educational Studies
- M.Ed. in School Counseling
- Ed.S. in School Psychology
- M.A. in Professional Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Professional Mental Health Counseling—Addictions
- M.A. in Marriage, Couple, and Family Therapy
- M.A. in Student Affairs Administration
Convocation is not required for students in the following programs, but may be taken optionally and counted toward the two-unit core experience requirement:
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.Ed. in Special Education
- M.Ed. with Initial Administrator License
If you have any questions regarding your Convocation requirement, please contact your advisor.