Counseling & Therapy Services
The Lewis & Clark Community Counseling Center provides in-office therapy services. You may expect a call within 1-2 business days. We offer limited services offered in Spanish.
Under the guidance of faculty and supervisors, the therapist-trainees establish effective helping relationships and services to facilitate change. Services include brief and long-term approaches.
All of our services will be sensitive toward and incorporate various aspects of a person’s life such as power, privilege, and oppression and how it impacts the well-being of individuals and the relationships in their lives: physical ability, culture, race/ethnicity, social and political processes, socioeconomic status, exile/migration status, religious and spiritual beliefs, language, education, gender, sexual orientation and age.
Types of services may include:
- Counseling Services: We provide comprehensive counseling services for individuals, couples, families, and/or groups with diverse needs and life challenges. Services are designed to help clients challenged by a range of circumstances and contexts including: depression, anxiety, stress, gender identity, sexuality, relationship discord, social injustice, work site disruption, grief/loss, career issues, eating concerns, and unanticipated life events.
- Substance Use Counseling / Addiction “Co-Occurring”: We provide counseling for individuals and/or groups with overlapping mental health and addictions problems. The counselor trainees address all facets of addiction in areas related to family, culture, ethnicity, gender, and spirituality.
- Marriage, Couple, & Family Therapy: We provide therapeutic services for couples and families, that occurs within a supportive therapeutic community that offers nurturing, safety and rich connections for all participants. We provide therapy and view issues in the context of the larger social network in which families, couples and individuals are embedded. Our approach is strength-based, practical, supportive, community oriented and integrative.
- Problem Gambling Services: We can provide referrals for individuals, couples, and families to Lewis & Clark Problem Gambling Services, housed within the Community Counseling Clinic on Barbur Boulevard. Services tailor treatment to your unique situation and respect your pace for change, with opportunities to learn about problem gambling and strategies to combat it, begin addressing financial problems, and when ready, share experiences with others in similar situations. Long-term, ongoing support is available, as well as intensive shorter term treatment. For more information, visit our Problem Gambling Services website.
- Gaming and Tech in Excess (GATE) Program: Do you or someone you love spend excessive amounts of time playing video games, searching social media or surfing the web? Do you feel disconnected from family or friends due to your Internet use? We understand and are here to help. For more information, visit our Gaming and Tech in Excess website.
- Sex Therapy: Services address issues concerning sexuality and relationships. We work with a wide range of problems and curiosities regarding sexual and relationship issues such as: sexual functioning, desire and/or desire among partners, negotiating differences regarding sexual interests, communication, healing from sexual abuse/trauma, navigating sexuality/gender identity and transitions, intimacy, and empowerment. When appropriate, sex therapy aims to help clients increase their awareness of power dynamics in relationships and to empower them to resist oppression.