Next Steps for Deposited Students
Before you begin your program, there are a few more things to do. The links below and to the right will help you get started.
Enrollment To Do List
Set up your Lewis & Clark email account.
This will require your Lewis & Clark ID # which can be found on your Application Status page or your the Deposit Confirmation letter. Go to your Application Status page to access the letter and your ID #.
- After setting up your account, you will be able to create your Lewis & Clark email address. Email is the primary way all offices communicate with students. Check your Lewis & Clark (@lclark.edu) account by going to this link: Check Email.
- NOTE: If you had a prior relationship with Lewis & Clark (student, employee, supervisor), reactivating your LC account and email may require additional time and assistance from the Information Technology Help Desk. firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also forward your LC email to another address. Learn how here. This is really important as official communication automatically is sent to your LC email account!
Provide an official copy of your final transcripts.
This is required if you are currently completing your undergraduate studies or other coursework required by your program. The admissions office will be reminding you, too.
- Check out WebAdvisor
Once you set up your LC account, you will have access to WebAdvisor. Web
Advisor is the where you register for classes and set up your emergency alert preferences. NOTE: You will be able to access WebAdvisor the morning after you set up your Lewis & Clark email account. Please be patient!
Review your financial aid award in Self-Service and complete loan processing steps.
After you set up your LC account, you will access all of your financial aid information by logging into WebAdvisor and clicking the link for Financial Aid Self-Service.
Navigate to My Awards and accept or decline your loans by following the prompts on the screen. The checklist on your Financial Aid Self-Service home page will track your progress in completing the loan counseling and MPN requirements. Students who request the Grad PLUS Loan will also need to submit a loan application on StudentLoans.gov.
If you will start your program in the Summer, complete all loan processing steps at least three weeks before your enrollment begins. If you will start your program in the Fall, the priority loan processing deadline is July 1.
- Provide MMR immunization documentation. This is a requirement for all graduate students who enroll full-time (six credits or more). Our Health & Wellness office will be emailing you instructions on how to provide your immunization information/documentation and accessing the Health & Wellness office’s Health Information Portal (HIP).
Plan ahead using our Academic Calendar.
The Registrar’s Academic Calendar page shows semester start dates, holiday breaks, commencement, and other important information.
Bookmark Current Students page.
This page has lots of useful information, links, and announcements that will help you while attending Lewis & Clark.
Find a place to live (Housing Options).
Lewis & Clark offers on-campus housing to graduate and law students on a space available basis. New to Portland? This page has links to finding living accommodations in the Portland area.
- Check on student health insurance. (Not mandatory for graduate students.)
Say cheese! (Student ID)
This can be done after you arrive on campus.
Registration and Advising
You will be notified directly by your program when New Student Orientation is being held and advising and registration becomes available. Do not register on your own until you have heard from your program.
2019-2020 Registration Dates
Summer registration for new students begins: April, 2019
Fall registration for new students begins: June 14, 2019