For Accepted Candidates
Welcome to the Lewis and Clark Graduate School of Education and Counseling Partnerships and Placement Office! We serve as the liaison with school districts, principals and teachers. Working closely with faculty, we use your application and resume information to identify a strong mentor match.
While there are variations in this process across different school-based programs, the Graduate Strategic Partnerships and Placement Office generally:
- requests information from each candidate prior to placement;
- works with department and program faculty to seek out placements that best fit candidate’s needs based on each candidate’s educational goals;
- submits formal requests to schools and brokers any requests for interviews or other communication between candidates and schools/districts/principals.
Note: Candidates should rely on this process and avoid making their own requests directly with a teacher/principal/school/district.
Map of Potential Placements Around Portland Metro Area
Click Here for an Interactive Google Map
For specific details about the placement process and to submit information to begin your placement, select the program below:
- Teacher Education (Elementary, Middle and High School)
- NEW Resource! Mentor Interview Tips
- School Counseling
- School Psychology