The Renaissance Foundation Scholarship for Teachers
The purpose of the The Renaissance Foundation Scholarship (TRF) for Teachers is to support up to five first generation students admitted to Lewis & Clark’s Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Students eligible for the TRF Program must:
- Be self-identified first generation students, i.e. students whose parents (or guardians) have not completed an undergraduate degree in the U.S. or any country.
- Complete and submit the TRF Program application. The online application form is located at the bottom of this page.
- Express interest in becoming a licensed, full-time teacher.
- Meet the customary requirements for admission to the MAT program. (Current applicants are invited to apply.)
- Remain a full-time student throughout the MAT program.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater, or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances will be considered, as appropriate.
Eligible candidates will submit a TRF application to the Graduate Admissions office. (Online application form is below.) Applications will be reviewed and selected by the Teacher Education Department.
- Up to five recipients will receive a scholarship of $8,000 which will be distributed in a proportionate amount over the term of their studies provided they meet the eligibility requirements listed above.