The Renaissance Foundation Scholarship for Teachers
The purpose of the The Renaissance Foundation Scholarship (TRF) for Teachers is to support up to five first generation students admitted to Lewis & Clark’s Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Students eligible for the TRF Program must:
- Be self-identified first generation students, i.e. students whose parents (or guardians) have not completed an undergraduate degree in the U.S. or any country.
- Complete and submit the TRF Program application. The online application form is located at the bottom of this page.
- Express interest in becoming a licensed, full-time teacher.
- Meet the customary requirements for admission to the MAT program. (Current applicants are invited to apply.)
- Remain a full-time student throughout the MAT program.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater, or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances will be considered, as appropriate.
Eligible candidates will submit a TRF application to the Graduate Admissions office. (Online application form is below.) Applications will be reviewed and selected by the Teacher Education Department. Financial need as determined by the FAFSA may be considered.
- Up to five recipients will receive a scholarship of $8,000 which will be distributed in a proportionate amount over the term of their studies provided they meet the eligibility requirements listed above.