Clinical Assistant Professor; School Counseling Program Director
I believe that school counselors are advocates, educational leaders, and mental health professionals who work diligently to create affirming and empowering spaces in the k-12 school context. As a counselor educator, I am committed to creating classroom spaces that encourage and support the personal and professional growth for graduate students. In my role as Program Director, I strive to center all program experiences on empowering graduate students in their pursuit of creating transformative school counselor programming. Woven throughout all my courses is a focus on mental health supports for k-12 students, collaborative community engagement work, and comprehensive school counseling program development. I am honored to lead our distinguished faculty in our collective work to inspire future school counselors to lead with the courage to lean into their work with a steadfast commitment to self-reflective practices and advocacy for school communities.
Guiding Principles: Kindness–Justice—Humility
Areas of Expertise
Group Counseling, Clinical Supervision, Counseling in the K-12 School Context, Assessment Practices in K-12 Schools
Barbour, L. Hadraba, H. & Armsby, A., Bourgeois, M., Hamada, S., Keller, C., & Martinez, M. (October, 2022). A Panel of Professional School Counselors and Social Justice Work: Advocacy in Action. Oregon School Counseling Conference. Clackamas, Oregon.
Hadraba, H., Barbour, H. & Bourgeois, M. (October, 2022). Exploring Supervision Strategies: Strengthening the SC Supervisor and SC Intern Relationship. Oregon School Counseling Association Conference. Clackamas, Oregon.
Hadraba, H., de León, Alexia., Tribitt, T., & Bourgeois, M. (October, 2022). Collaboration Across Disciplines: The Value of Integrative Care within School-Based Systems. Western Association of Counselor Educators and Supervisors, Portland, Or.
- Hadraba, H., Barbour, L. & Torres, D. (2021, November) Assessment in Schools: Current Practices and Considerations for Transformation. Oregon School Counselor Association Conference, Corvallis, Oregon.
- DeKruyf, L. & Hadraba, H. (2020, November) Supervision 101 and 102: Strategies for Strengthening the School Counseling Internship Experience. Oregon School Counseling Association, Portland, Oregon.
McCullough, R., DeLeon, A. & Hadraba, H. (2019, October). Cultivating Cultural and Intellectual Humility in the Counselor Education Classroom. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, Seattle, Washington.
Torres, D. & Hadraba, H. (2018, October). What School Counselors Want to Know to Support Students and Families with Undocumented Status in Challenging Times. Oregon School Counseling Association Conference,Salem, Oregon.
- Torres, D. & Hadraba, H. (2018, March). It All Looks Different Now: Counselor Educator Program Strategies for Applying an Equity Lens to School Counselors’ Data Use. Evidence-Based School Counseling Conference, New York, New York
- Torres, D. & Hadraba, H. (2017, March). A Journey Toward Infusing the Use of Data in School Counselor Graduate Curriculum:Creating a Road Map to Success and Confidence for Students, Evidence-Based School Counseling Conference, San Diego, California.
- McDonnell, C., Torres, D., & Hadraba, H. (2017, October). Developing Inclusive Transition Programs: Breaking Down Barriers to Improve High School Preparation for ALL Students. Oregon School Counseling Association Conference, Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Hadraba, H. & Torres, D. (2015, March). Using Data to Create Change: Tools to get you Moving! Evidence Based School Counseling Conference, Erlanger, Kentucky
- Pedersen, L. & Hadraba, H. (2013, April). Advocacy: Essential Steps in Promoting Pk12 College and Career Readiness Programs. National Office for School Counselor Advocacy Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Eakin, G., Aasheim, L., DeKruyf, L., Pedersen, L. & Hadraba, H. (2012, December). Invited webinar. Advocacy in Oregon. American School Counseling Association.
- Aasheim, L., Dilts, R., vanAsselt, K., Anctil, T., Biles, K., DeKruyf, L., Eakin, G., Pedersen, L., Torres, D. & Hadraba, H. (2012, November). A Statewide University Collaboration Model: School Counselor Educators Partner for Comprehensive Success. Presentation at the Western Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference, Portland, Oregon.
- Hadraba, H. & Eakin, G. (2012, June). Enhancing Intrinsic Motivation to Change and Achieve. Presentation at the American School Counseling Association Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Eakin, G., & Hadraba, H. (2005, July). Academic Achievement of Middle School Students. Presentation at Oregon School Counseling Association Conference, Warm Springs, Oregon.
- Pehrrson, D., Nakazawa-Hewitt, M., James, G., Mohr, E., Miller, A., Turner, S., Hadraba, H. & Justice, J. (2003, October). Applying Play Therapy to our Adult Lives. Presentation at Oregon School Counseling Association Conference, Eugene, Oregon.
PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision
Licensed Professional School Counselor
Oregon School Counselor Association Board Member
OK YOU Nonprofit Organization- Board Member
American Counseling Association
Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
Oregon School Counselor Association