Nature Mobile Intern for Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation District
May 14, 2019
Join staff at Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation District (THPRD) to gain valuable experience in environmental education. The Nature Mobile brings environmental education programming to sites throughout the community. Programs are based out of the Tualatin Hills Nature Center and take place at parks, schools and community destinations throughout Beaverton, Oregon. This position will assist with providing engaging activities, preparing materials and supervising participants, ages 2 – adult in all program activities to provide a safe, enjoyable and educational experience.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES (includes, but not limited to, the following):
- Assist other Natural Resources staff with the delivery of educational activities including interpretation, hikes, games and crafts.
- Assist in the supervision of campers/children with the guidance of staff members.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate records in regards to incidents and participant behavior issues.
- Complete an internship project that aligns with the intern’s professional development goals and has been approved by the Interpretive Programs Supervisor.
- Follow and enforce THPRD safety and security policies.
- Help in the evaluation of environmental education programs.
- Assist with site set-up and check-in/out procedures.
- Record hours in the ‘Volunteer Hourly Log Book’ or via VIC Net (online volunteer database).
- Perform other duties as requested.
For more information:Priscilla Plumb