Trans Adolescents/Teens: Early Treatment and Barriers to Care
January 01, 2020
This workshop explores the emergent areas of early medical intervention in transgender youth healthcare, depathologization of gender diversity and the challenges that youth and their families face when seeking access to treatment and insurance coverage.
Attendees will learn more about, and participate in discussion regarding:
- DSM 5 and WPATH guidelines
- Current research on early affirmation
- Treatment to delay puberty
- Cross-sex hormone therapy
- Surgical interventions
- Constructive ‘gatekeeping’
- Deciphering misinformation
TransActive can co-present with our partners at Oregon Health & Science University Transgender Health Program or Randall Children’s Hospital T-Clinic in presenting this workshop.