School navigation


Which school counseling program is the best fit for me?

December 23, 2009

There are two school counseling programs available: The Master’s in Education degree (M.Ed.) with preparation for the Initial I School Counseling License. It is for students who have a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a career in K-12 school counseling.

The Preliminary School Counseling Licensure-Only Program is for students with a completed master’s degree in a closely related field (e.g., teaching, counseling, social work) who would like to earn a their license to practice as a K-12 school counselor in Oregon.

Share this story on