Job Opportunity: Full Time Learning Specialist
April 02, 2015
Full Time - August 2015
Interested candidates are invited to apply online - please go to our website www.overlake.org under “Employment” click “Current Openings” and follow the instructions.
Responsibilities: The full-time Learning Specialist works in a team approach with another Learning Specialist and the Counseling team to provide the Overlake community with academic support and instructional strategies to ensure a successful educational environment for all students. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and identify academic support and intervention plans that build opportunities for success for struggling students throughout the school;
- Facilitate accommodations for qualified students by writing 504 Accommodation Plans and managing the standardized test accommodations for college entrance exams. This requires consulting with students, faculty, parents, and any outside constituencies in the development of instructional accommodations and interventions;
- Prepare and lead weekly faculty meetings to discuss student needs and recommend appropriate instructional supports;
- Work directly with students in both one-on-one and small group settings on topics such as study, executive functioning, and self-advocacy skills;
- Provide faculty support, facilitate collaboration, and help to provide professional development opportunities in improving academic growth and success for all students;
- Develop school wide programming opportunities on learning support topics.
Qualifications: A Master’s degree in Special Education or related field with emphasis on teaching and learning is required. Course work and experience must show a strong background in academic support for struggling learners; and knowledge and understanding of ISP’s and/or 504 Plans. A minimum of three years of experience in school settings is preferred, with experience in independent schools ideal. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with students, parents, faculty and staff are essential.
Salary / Benefits: Depending upon education and experience.