Job Opportunity: Part Time Learning Specialist
April 02, 2015
Interested candidates are invited to apply online - please go to our website www.overlake.org under “Employment” click “Current Openings” and follow the instructions.
Responsibilities: The part-time Learning Specialist works in a team approach with another Learning Specialist and the Counseling team to provide the Overlake community with academic support and instructional strategies to ensure a successful educational environment for all students. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and identify academic support and intervention plans that build opportunities for success for struggling students.
- Work directly with students in both small group and one-on-one settings on topics such as study, executive functioning, and self-advocacy skills;
- Provide instructional support and advise faculty regularly in their efforts to teach all students in their classroom;
- Facilitate accommodations for qualified students;
- Teach and provide school wide programming opportunities on learning support topics.
Qualifications: A Master’s degree in Special Education or related field with emphasis on teaching and learning is required. Course work and/or experience showing a strong background in academic support for struggling learners, is preferred; and knowledge and understanding of ISP’s and/or 504 Plans is needed. A minimum of two years of experience in school settings is preferred, with experience in independent schools ideal. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with students, parents, faculty and staff are essential.
Salary / Benefits: Depending upon education and experience.