Job Opportunity: YMCA Director, Child Development Center
January 27, 2015
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Director will perform a variety of duties relating to the quality, training, and retention of program staff according to the standards of the YMCA. Responsible for and direct a safe, developmentally appropriate program for children. Directs, manages and supervises all aspects of child care programs, including but not limited to program quality, staff management, budget development, parent and community relations, maintain CCD compliance and YMCA policies and procedures. Direct responsibilities and/or emphasis will be determined by the Executive Director according to the needs of each program. The responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: site evaluations for quality assurance and compliance with governing agencies, communication with school district personnel, marketing, training, scheduling of staff, substituting, and other duties as assigned. He/She must be available during site hours of operation.
• Four year degree in Early Childhood Education or related field or 5yrs experience.
• Experience in child development programs.
• One year experience in staff supervision.
• Knowledge of budget development.
• Knowledge of state licensing requirements.
• Meet all child care director standards as dictated by the state Child Care Division.
• Must pass driver’s license review by insurance carrier.
• Must possess strong verbal, written, communication and supervisory skills.
• Must hold a valid Oregon Driver’s license, with a clean driving record and reliable personal transportation.
• Must be current or willing to obtain within 30days of hire: CPR/First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse Prevention as per YMCA Child Care Division standards.
• Must pass criminal history check, driving record check, random drug testing, and fingerprint testing if required by CCD.
• Must pass driver’s license review by YMCA insurance carrier.
Availability: Full Time Location: Wilsonville Child Development Center
Salary: $34,000 – 40,930 Depending on Experience
For more information and application instructions, visit the career page on our website and search “Center Director”.