Transportation & Parking 101
August 14, 2013
All vehicles parked on campus must 1) be registered with the College 2) have an official parking permit tag displayed in the window. You can purchase a parking permit (annual, semester, daily) at The PermitStore where you can also register your vehicle for free. Daily parking passes are also available for purchase at machines located in Law, Graduate and Griswold parking lots. If not purchasing an annual or semester parking permit, you must still register your vehicle.
- Park only where your permit designates. Staff, faculty, student, visitor and handicapped parking stalls are monitored continuously. Please obey all traffic and speed signs on campus.
- Get to campus early! Getting to campus 20 minutes before your class or work day begins greatly improves your chances of finding a parking spot and alleviates frustration.
- Do not park in the neighborhoods surrounding campus for school business. The neighborhoods are monitored daily Monday-Friday for parking infractions.
- Ride the Pioneer Express Shuttle! It is a free shuttle service for LC community members traveling between the main campus and downtown Portland. Schedules are posted near shuttle stops. Download the schedule.
- Consider carpooling with others. Carpool parking is available throughout campus parking lots and the parking permits are discounted for those who choose to take advantage of carpooling.
- If you receive a parking citation, do not ignore it. Pay or appeal the fine within 10 days of the infraction date at the website on the back of the ticket.
- Re-read #s 1-7!
For inquiries and requests concerning transportation and parking at Lewis & Clark, please call the Transportation and Parking Office at (503)768-7857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.