[Online] Strength-Based Clinical Supervision
Date: 9:00am - 12:30pm PDT June 12 Location: Online
In this online training, professional counseling supervisors will learn about and practice the principles of Positive Psychology in their application to clinical supervision. We will develop and implement tools that are designed to bring out the best in supervisees. By capitalizing on supervisee strengths, participants will develop a repertoire of strength-based clinical supervision practices and teaching strategies.
Participants will learn:
- Supervisor and supervisee strength-based attributes that correlate with increased well-being and long-term professional satisfaction in clinical supervision
- A contrast between Eastern and Western approaches to learning, and ways of establishing a healthy working alliance for developing your supervision teaching skills
- Specific strategies that increase resilience, optimism and efficacy in your clinical supervision relationships
- Seeking and developing ‘positive deviance’ indicators of progress for supervisees
- The impact of the ‘Positive Pygmalion’ effect, and the implications for clinical supervision
- “Common factor” variables that are correlated with helpful and effective clinical supervision, and ways to increase your application of strength-based assessment and tools for optimal supervisee development
Participants will utilize the ‘broaden-and-build’ approach to solidify a foundation of strength and optimism in their clinical supervision, and will be encouraged to actively participate in exercises that are designed to put strength-oriented clinical supervision approaches into their practice.
This workshop meets OBLPCT’s 3 hour training requirement for registered supervisors.
Course Details & Registration
Date and Time: Friday, June 12, 2020, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Instructor: James Gurule, MA, LPC
Cost: $60, includes 3.5 CEUs. Lewis & Clark Alumni receive 20% off. Free for Lewis & Clark Clinical Supervisors.
This workshop is currently full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list.
We are committed to making our events accessible to all needs and abilities. When registering, let us know your access needs. Please contact us at 503-768-6040 or email@example.com with questions.
Please note: Discounted ‘Student Rate’ registrations are for current students only and do not include continuing education credit (CEU/PDUs)
James Gurule, MA, LPC is a child and family therapist, Clinical Supervisor, and Lifeworks NW Risk Manager and has worked in Community Mental Health for the past 36 years. In addition to providing psychotherapy and clinical supervision, James has taught Counseling Psychology graduate courses at Lewis & Clark Graduate School of Education and has provided supervision trainings through the Center for Community Engagement.
New events are added to our calendar regularly. For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.