Off-Campus Reading Intervention Endorsement Program Info Session | Beaverton
Date: 4:00pm PST February 12, 2018 Location: Rock Creek Elementary School, 4125 NW 185th Ave, Portland, OR 97229
Rock Creek Elementary School, 4125 NW 185th Ave, Portland, OR 97229
Please join us for an information session to learn more about our Reading Intervention Endorsement program—a new cohort is forming now in Beaverton!
Details: Monday, February 12th. Rock Creek Elementary School Library. Discussion will begin at 4 p.m. For those not able to make it by that time, we will be in the library until 5 p.m. to answer any questions you may have.
Reading Intervention Endorsement coursework is for those who currently hold a teaching license and are looking for additional professional development. The program will further the practice of Pre-K, Elementary, and Secondary teachers who specialize in any subject area, and benefit administrators seeking ways to build the literacy practices of their schools and district. Additionally, the Endorsement prepares teachers to work as a Reading Interventionist at the Pre-K through Grade 12 levels, or a Literacy Coach.
Program Graduates will be Prepared to:
- Help students of all ages understand and draw deeper meaning from material across content areas, enriching comprehension of both non-fiction and fiction materials.
- Employ tools to observe, describe and learn from the behaviors of their students.
- Build cohesive theoretical bases for learner-centered literacy programs.
- Course dates and times will be discussed at the info session and are decided based upon availability of the group.
The program requires 15 semester hours of credit and averages 2.5 years of part-time study.
Off Campus Cohort Benefits:
- The opportunity to learn and work collaboratively with fellow teachers and school leaders.
- Flexible, hybrid coursework offered onsite in your district and online.
- Course dates and times based on availability of cohort members.
- Reduced, off-campus tuition rate of $601 per credit hour within a cohort of 10 or more participants.
Interested in participating but can’t make it to the info session? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-768-6040 for more information.
New events are added to our calendar regularly. For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.