School Counseling Licenses
*Oregon TSPC Application Instructions
(*Once all Oregon initial license program requirements, including tests, are complete, you are eligible to be recommended for a license in any state. Please visit state certification websites for application requirements.)
Please note that, effective February 2, 2012, TSPC no longer requires the School Counseling test for licensure; however, the program still requires that the test be passed prior to recommendation to TSPC for the Initial I School Counseling License.
- Restricted Transitional School Counseling License (pdf)
- Initial I School Counseling License (pdf)
- National Certified School Counselor (NCSC)
Forms and Transcripts for TSPC Applications
- Request for Oregon Licensure Recommendation (ROLR)
- Request Official Lewis & Clark Graduate Transcripts
- TSPC’s C-1 and PEER forms
- TSPC’s Statement of Professionalism form (pdf)
- TSPC Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations
Information regarding certification for mental health counselors and therapists is available on the Career and Licensing for Counselors and Therapists webpage.
To Check on the Status of Test Scores in WebAdvisor
Lisa Todd, Research and Assessment Office
To Check on the Status of Your Recommendation
Danielle Torres, School Counseling Summer Program Co-Director
Heather Hadraba, School Counseling Summer Program Co-Director
TSPC’s license processing time is approximately 4-12 weeks.
You must apply to TSPC for your license within three years of completing your program. If more than three years elapse before you apply to TSPC, you will need to complete new program requirements (including a minimum of 6 semester hours of course work). (TSPC OAR 584-052-0010)
All “pdf” documents require Adobe Reader to view (this is a free download).