Educator Testing and edTPA Requirements
Tests Required for Admission
Graduate Admissions Testing
- The School Psychology program is the only program that currently requires test scores for admission.
Tests and Assessments Required for Education Program Completion
Teacher Education, Preservice Elementary—Multiple Subjects
- Check with Linda Griffin, Elementary Faculty Program Director, for information about the multiple measures option.
Teacher Education, Preservice Secondary
- NB: The test titles for secondary endorsements don’t always align with the actual endorsement names. Be sure to double-check that you are registering for the correct test.
- Check with Liza Finkel, Secondary Faculty Program Director, for information about the multiple measures option.
- Teacher Education, ESOL
- Teacher Education, Reading Intervention
- Teacher Education, Special Education: Generalist
- School Counseling
- School Psychology
- Educational Administration, Principal License
- Educational Administration, Professional Administrator License
Reimbursement for Testing and Related Fees
- Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) provides a number of scholarship and reimbursement programs (including for test fees) for diverse educators, linked here.
Testing and Assessment Vendors
Requesting Alternative Testing Arrangements
- Lewis & Clark Student Accessibility - assistance completing the forms to request extended testing time (physical, learning, or cognitive disabilities)
- Lewis & Clark Academic English Studies - assistance requesting extended testing time for candidates for whom English is not a primary language
- NES/ORELA Alternative Testing Arrangements
- ETS/Praxis Test Takers Needing Other Accommodations
- Pearson edTPA Requesting Alternative Arrangements
Official Score Reports
Your official score report will be e-mailed to you from the testing vendor approximately 4-weeks following your test date. Save these e-mails in a dedicated and safe folder; if lost or deleted, you will have to either pay the test vendor for a new copy of the score report or retake the test.
Ordering Additional Score Reports
Test and edTPA Scores on WebAdvisor
If you have selected Lewis & Clark as a score recipient, your score reports will be received by the graduate school approximately 4-weeks after your test date. Once received, scores will be entered into the student database so you can then view them on WebAdvisor (under “Test Summary”).
Your score report from the testing vendor contains your official score and test status (pass or not pass). If you see a discrepancy between your score report and the test status on WebAdvisor, please contact the Graduate Admissions office.
Effective April 6, 2017, TSPC has changed the passing score for all NES subject area tests to 220. (This change does not apply to the ORELA: Civil Rights and Administrator tests nor to Praxis Subject Assessment tests.)
Effective July 1, 2015, TSPC no longer requires a basic skills test for initial educator licensing in Oregon; however, other states may require this test.