School navigation

K-12 Career and Licensing Services

Substitute Teaching in Oregon

Licensed educators can substitute teach on any regular Oregon teaching license (Preliminary, Professional, Teacher Leader). Positions can be found on the HR office websites of the school districts in which you are interested in substitute teaching. Information is also available on these sites about the district’s process and timelines for hiring teachers into their substitute pools. 

You may also need to contact the corresponding education service districts (ESDs) about registering as a substitute teacher in the ESD’s service area.