Licensed Educator Recruiting Events
2022-’23 Regional Educator Fairs and Recruiting Events
Registration required for most events. To register, follow the links, below.
CURRENT EVENTS 2022-’23
Beaverton School District Special Education (including School Psychology) Open House, In-Person, Beaverton, OR
Portland Public Schools’ Hiring Event, District Office, Portland, OR
Beaverton School District Special Education (including School Psychology) Open House, Virtual
Vancouver Public Schools’ Educator Career Fair: Elementary Teachers and Specialists, Location and Format TBA
Vancouver Public Schools’ Educator Career Fair: Secondary Teachers and Specialists, Location and Format TBA
Tillamook School District Teacher Fair, including teaching and school counseling, Tillamook, OR
Washington Educator Career Fair, Spokane, Spokane Convention Center, Spokane, WA
Beaverton SD’s Bilingual Open House: Spanish/English, District Administrative Office, Beaverton, OR
North Clackamas SD’s Job Fair, Clackamas Community College—Harmony West, Milwaukie, OR
Tigard-Tualatin SD Job Fair, TTSD Training Center, Tigard, OR
Mid-Willamette Valley Educator Job Fair, Keizer Civic Center, Keizer, OR
Hillsboro SD Licensed Job Fair, Quatama Elementary School, Hillsboro, OR
Oregon City SD’s Dual Language Immersion Open House, Gardiner Middle School, Oregon City, OR
Washington Educator Career Fair, Tacoma, Greater Tacoma Convention Center, Tacoma, WA
Evergreen PS’ Certificated Candidate Day, Evergreen High School, Vancouver, WA
Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Oregon Convention Center, Portland, OR; L&C GSEC Students: Check your L&C email for a discount code (week of 01/16/2023).
National Recruiting Events
- Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) Job Fairs
- Nationwide Education Career Fairs (AAEE) (American Association for Employment in Education)
- California Center on Teaching Careers Job Fairs
- 2023 Colorado Education Recruitment Fair (CERF), Lone Tree, CO, March 4th
- Diversity Career Fair for Northwest Independent Schools, Virtual, February 11th
- Teacher of Color Recruitment Fairs
International Educator Fairs and Seminars
NB: Registration deadlines for international fairs often occur months in advance of the actual event.
- L&C GSEC International Teaching for Licensed Educators [Online] | Free Workshop, date TBD
- International Schools Services (ISS) Recruitment Fairs, various dates and locations
- Search Associates Job Fairs, various dates and locations
- Search Associates’ First Time Overseas Fair for Licensed Educators, Virtual, December 10-11, 2022
- The International Educator (TIE), resources for licensed educators seeking positions internationally
- University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair, Waterloo, Iowa, February 2023
Tips for Attending
- Register to attend the fair or networking event.
- Know before you go that the goal of these events is networking; rarely does instant hiring take place.
- Take multiple copies of your resume.
- Carry lunch, snack, water, and copy center money. Carry a briefcase or portfolio with pens, highlighters, and room to store resumes and applications.
- Take a portfolio, work sample, or sample lesson.
- Patience really IS a virtue…be prepared to spend time standing in lines for the opportunity for 2-3 minutes of networking time with an administrator.
- Approach each discussion with a school district representative as you would an interview.
- Review the list of participating school districts ahead of time. Plan and prepare for conversations with representatives from these districts.
- Wear comfortable, yet appropriate, attire (“corporate dress” is appropriate).
- Send thank you notes to the school district representatives with whom you meet.