Licensed Educator Recruiting Events
2022-’23 Regional Educator Fairs and Recruiting Events
Registration required for most events. To register, follow the links, below.
CURRENT EVENTS 2022-’23
Beaverton School District Special Education (including School Psychology) Open House, In-Person, Beaverton, OR
Portland Public Schools’ Hiring Event, District Office, Portland, OR
Washington Educator Career Fair, Spokane, Spokane Convention Center, Spokane, WA
Mid-Willamette Valley Educator Job Fair, Keizer Civic Center, Keizer, OR
Washington Educator Career Fair, Tacoma, Greater Tacoma Convention Center, Tacoma, WA
Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Oregon Convention Center, Portland, OR; L&C GSEC Students: Check your L&C email for a discount code (week of 01/16/2023).
National Recruiting Events
- Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) Job Fairs
- Nationwide Education Career Fairs (AAEE) (American Association for Employment in Education)
- California Center on Teaching Careers Job Fairs
- 2023 Colorado Education Recruitment Fair (CERF), Lone Tree, CO, March 4th
- Diversity Career Fair for Northwest Independent Schools, Virtual, February 11th
- Teacher of Color Recruitment Fairs
International Educator Fairs and Seminars
NB: Registration deadlines for international fairs often occur months in advance of the actual event.
- L&C GSEC International Teaching for Licensed Educators [Online] | Free Workshop, date TBD
- International Schools Services (ISS) Recruitment Fairs, various dates and locations
- Search Associates Job Fairs, various dates and locations
- Search Associates’ First Time Overseas Fair for Licensed Educators, Virtual, December 10-11, 2022
- The International Educator (TIE), resources for licensed educators seeking positions internationally
- University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair, Waterloo, Iowa, February 2023
Tips for Attending
- Register to attend the fair or networking event.
- Know before you go that the goal of these events is networking; rarely does instant hiring take place.
- Take multiple copies of your resume.
- Carry lunch, snack, water, and copy center money. Carry a briefcase or portfolio with pens, highlighters, and room to store resumes and applications.
- Take a portfolio, work sample, or sample lesson.
- Patience really IS a virtue…be prepared to spend time standing in lines for the opportunity for 2-3 minutes of networking time with an administrator.
- Approach each discussion with a school district representative as you would an interview.
- Review the list of participating school districts ahead of time. Plan and prepare for conversations with representatives from these districts.
- Wear comfortable, yet appropriate, attire (“corporate dress” is appropriate).
- Send thank you notes to the school district representatives with whom you meet.