Licensed Educator Recruiting Events
2020-’21 Regional Educator Fairs and Recruiting Events
Registration required for most events. To register, follow the links, below.
CURRENT EVENTS 2020-’21
|April 6||Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Virtual|
National Recruiting Events
American Association for Employment in Education: Education Career Fair, Virtual, October 27-29, 2020
Teacher of Color Recruitment Fair, Virtual (private and independent schools), January 30 and February 27, 2021
International Educator Fairs and Seminars
NB: Registration deadlines for international fairs often occur months in advance of the actual event.
[Online] International Teaching for Licensed Educators | Free Workshop, December 1, 2020
International Schools Services (ISS) Recruitment Fairs, various dates and locations
Queen’s University Teachers’ Overseas Recruiting Fair, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, Virtual 2021
Search Associates Job Fairs, various dates and locations
University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair, Waterloo, Iowa, Virtual 2021
TIE’s Preview of International Recruiting Fairs (a sample of recruiting events including UNI, CIS, ISS, Search Associates, et cetera)
Tips for Attending
- Register to attend the fair or networking event.
- Know before you go that the goal of these events is networking; rarely does instant hiring take place.
- Take multiple copies of your resume.
- Carry lunch, snack, water, and copy center money. Carry a briefcase or portfolio with pens, highlighters, and room to store resumes and applications.
- Take a portfolio, work sample, or sample lesson.
- Patience really IS a virtue…be prepared to spend time standing in lines for the opportunity for 2-3 minutes of networking time with an administrator.
- Approach each discussion with a school district representative as you would an interview.
- Review the list of participating school districts ahead of time. Plan and prepare for conversations with representatives from these districts.
- Wear comfortable, yet appropriate, attire (“corporate dress” is appropriate).
- Send thank you notes to the school district representatives with whom you meet.