Licensed Educator Recruiting Events
2016-17 Regional Educator Fairs and Recruiting Events
Registration required for most events. To register, follow the links, below.
|Feb. 3||Teacher of Color Recruitment Fair, Atlanta (private and independent schools)|
|Feb. 10||nemnet Diversity Career Fair, Boston|
nemnet Diversity Career Fair, Boston
|March 14||Washington Educator Career Fair, Spokane|
Washington Educator Career Fair, Tacoma
Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Portland
Invitation-Only Interviews, Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Portland
|April 8-9||Educators’ Career Fair, University of Montana, Missoula|
National Recruiting Events
American Association for Employment in Educator (AAEE) Career Fair, October 26, 2017, Pittsburgh
Cal/West Connection Events (Independent and Private Schools), various dates and locations
Diversity Teacher Recruitment Events, various dates and locations
International Educator Fairs and Seminars
NB: Registration deadlines for international fairs often occur months in advance of the actual event.
Council of International Schools (CIS) Hong Kong Career and Recruitment Fair, 13-15 October, 2017
Council of International Schools (CIS) London Career and Recruitment Fair, 25-28 January, 2018
International Schools Services (ISS) Recruitment Fairs, various dates and locations
Search Associates Job Fairs, various dates and locations
University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair, 2-4 February, 2018
TIE’s Preview of International Recruiting Fairs (a sample of recruiting events including UNI, CIS, ISS, Search Associates, et cetera)
Tips for Attending
- Register to attend the fair or networking event.
- Keep in mind that the goal of these events is networking; rarely does instant hiring take place.
- Take multiple copies of your resume.
- Carry lunch, snack, and copy center money. Carry a briefcase or portfolio with pens, highlighters, and room to store resumes and applications.
- Take a portfolio, work sample, or sample lesson.
- Patience really IS a virtue…be prepared to spend time standing in lines for the opportunity for 2-3 minutes of networking time with an administrator.
- Approach each discussion with a school district representative as you would an interview.
- Review the list of participating school districts ahead of time. Plan and prepare for conversations with representatives from these districts.
- Wear comfortable, yet appropriate, attire (“corporate dress” is appropriate).
- Send thank you notes to the school district representatives with whom you meet.