Licensed Educator Recruiting Events
2021-’22 Regional Educator Fairs and Recruiting Events
Registration required for most events. To register, follow the links, below.
CURRENT EVENTS 2021-’22
|March 29||Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Oregon Convention Center, Portland, OR|
National Recruiting Events
American Association for Employment in Education: Education Career Fair, Virtual, October 21, 2021
Teacher of Color Recruitment Fair, Virtual (private and independent schools), January 29 and February 26, 2022
International Educator Fairs and Seminars
NB: Registration deadlines for international fairs often occur months in advance of the actual event.
International Teaching for Licensed Educators [Online] | Free Workshop, December 2, 2021
International Schools Services (ISS) Recruitment Fairs, various dates and locations
Queen’s University Teachers’ Overseas Recruiting Fair [Virtual], Kingston, Ontario, Canada, details TBA
Search Associates Job Fairs, various dates and locations
University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair [Virtual], Waterloo, Iowa, details TBA
TIE’s Preview of International Recruiting Fairs (a sample of recruiting events including UNI, CIS, ISS, Search Associates, et cetera)
Tips for Attending
- Register to attend the fair or networking event.
- Know before you go that the goal of these events is networking; rarely does instant hiring take place.
- Take multiple copies of your resume.
- Carry lunch, snack, water, and copy center money. Carry a briefcase or portfolio with pens, highlighters, and room to store resumes and applications.
- Take a portfolio, work sample, or sample lesson.
- Patience really IS a virtue…be prepared to spend time standing in lines for the opportunity for 2-3 minutes of networking time with an administrator.
- Approach each discussion with a school district representative as you would an interview.
- Review the list of participating school districts ahead of time. Plan and prepare for conversations with representatives from these districts.
- Wear comfortable, yet appropriate, attire (“corporate dress” is appropriate).
- Send thank you notes to the school district representatives with whom you meet.