Licensed Educator Recruiting Events
2018-’19 Regional Educator Fairs and Recruiting Events
Registration required for most events. To register, follow the links, below.
|Feb. 15||Future Teachers Conference: Job Search Preparation for Oregon’s Preservice Teachers, Western Oregon University, Monmouth|
|March 13||Washington Educator Career Fair, Spokane, WA|
|March 27||Washington Educator Career Fair, Tacoma, WA|
Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Portland, OR
|April 3||Invitation-Only Interviews, Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Portland, OR|
|April 4||Central Oregon Teachers’ Job Fair, Deschutes County Fairgrounds, Redmond, OR|
|April 8||Educators’ Career Fair, University of Montana, Missoula, MT|
National Recruiting Events
American Association for Employment in Education: Education Career Fair (scroll down page), St. Louis, MO, November 7, 2018
Teacher of Color Recruitment Fair, Atlanta, GA (private and independent schools), February 9. 2019
Cal/West Connection Events (Independent and Private Schools), various dates and locations
Diversity Teacher Recruitment Events, various dates and locations
International Educator Fairs and Seminars
NB: Registration deadlines for international fairs often occur months in advance of the actual event.
Council of International Schools (CIS) Career and Recruiting Events, various dates and locations
International Schools Services (ISS) Recruitment Fairs, various dates and locations
Queen’s University Teachers’ Overseas Recruiting Fair, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, January 25-27, 2019
Search Associates Job Fairs, various dates and locations
University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair, Waterloo, Iowa, February 1-2, 2019
TIE’s Preview of International Recruiting Fairs (a sample of recruiting events including UNI, CIS, ISS, Search Associates, et cetera)
Tips for Attending
- Register to attend the fair or networking event.
- Keep in mind that the goal of these events is networking; rarely does instant hiring take place.
- Take multiple copies of your resume.
- Carry lunch, snack, and copy center money. Carry a briefcase or portfolio with pens, highlighters, and room to store resumes and applications.
- Take a portfolio, work sample, or sample lesson.
- Patience really IS a virtue…be prepared to spend time standing in lines for the opportunity for 2-3 minutes of networking time with an administrator.
- Approach each discussion with a school district representative as you would an interview.
- Review the list of participating school districts ahead of time. Plan and prepare for conversations with representatives from these districts.
- Wear comfortable, yet appropriate, attire (“corporate dress” is appropriate).
- Send thank you notes to the school district representatives with whom you meet.