Licensed Educator Recruiting Events
2021-’22 Regional Educator Fairs and Recruiting Events
Registration required for most events. To register, follow the links, below.
CURRENT EVENTS 2021-’22
Special Education Recruitment Open House,
Beaverton SD, Virtual
|February 24||Educator Career Fair/Interview Day, Elementary Teachers and Specialists, Vancouver PS, In-Person|
|February 24||American Association for Employment in Education - Spring 2022 AAEE West Virtual Education Career Fair, Virtual|
|March 3||Educator Career Fair/Interview Day, Secondary Teachers and Specialists, Vancouver PS, In-Person|
|March 9||Bilingual Recruitment Event, Beaverton SD, Virtual|
|March 12||Licensed Job Fair, Hillsboro SD, Virtual|
|March 15||Bilingual Teacher Recruitment Event, North Clackamas SD, Virtual|
Licensed Job Fair, Tigard-Tualatin SD, In-Person
Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Oregon Convention Center, Portland, OR, In-Person and Virtual Options
Oregon’s Educator Advancement Council (EAC) is offering free candidate registration for the fair. Use code EACOPEF22 when registering to waive the registration fee.
Special Education Recruitment Event, North Clackamas SD, Virtual
Student Teacher Recruitment Event, North Clackamas SD, Virtual
National Recruiting Events
American Association for Employment in Education: Virtual Education Career Fair, Virtual, various dates
California Center on Teaching Careers, Virtual Job Fairs with California School Districts, various dates and locations
Teacher of Color Recruitment Fair, Virtual (private and independent schools), January 29 and February 26, 2022
International Educator Fairs and Seminars
NB: Registration deadlines for international fairs often occur months in advance of the actual event.
International Teaching for Licensed Educators [Online] | Free Workshop, December 2, 2021
International Schools Services (ISS) Recruitment Fairs, various dates and locations
Queen’s University Teachers’ Overseas Recruiting Fair [Virtual], Kingston, Ontario, Canada, details TBA
Search Associates Job Fairs, various dates and locations
University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair [Virtual], Waterloo, Iowa, details TBA
TIE’s Preview of International Recruiting Fairs (a sample of recruiting events including UNI, CIS, ISS, Search Associates, et cetera)
Tips for Attending
- Register to attend the fair or networking event.
- Know before you go that the goal of these events is networking; rarely does instant hiring take place.
- Take multiple copies of your resume.
- Carry lunch, snack, water, and copy center money. Carry a briefcase or portfolio with pens, highlighters, and room to store resumes and applications.
- Take a portfolio, work sample, or sample lesson.
- Patience really IS a virtue…be prepared to spend time standing in lines for the opportunity for 2-3 minutes of networking time with an administrator.
- Approach each discussion with a school district representative as you would an interview.
- Review the list of participating school districts ahead of time. Plan and prepare for conversations with representatives from these districts.
- Wear comfortable, yet appropriate, attire (“corporate dress” is appropriate).
- Send thank you notes to the school district representatives with whom you meet.