Licensed Educator Recruiting Events
2019-’20 Regional Educator Fairs and Recruiting Events
Registration required for most events. To register, follow the links, below.
|Feb. 12||Future Teachers Conference: Job Search Preparation for Oregon’s Preservice Teachers, Western Oregon University, Monmouth|
Eugene 4J Special Education Job Fair, Eugene, OR
Openings for teachers, school psychologists, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, and interns!
Apply for an interview slot for the “Special Education - Job Fair Applications” posting at http://www.4j.lane.edu/hr/
|Feb. 25||Beaverton School District’s Special Education Recruitment Open House, Beaverton, OR|
|March 7||Tillamook School District’s Educators Fair, Tillamook, OR (this fair is open to student teachers and to final-year school counseling and school psychology interns)|
|March13-14||Alaska Teacher Placement Anchorage Job Fair, Anchorage, AK|
|March 14||Mid-Willamette Valley Job Fair, Salem, OR|
|March 18||Washington Educator Career Fair, Spokane, WA|
|March 25||Washington Educator Career Fair, Tacoma, WA|
Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Portland, OR
To request consideration for an interview at the OPEF with Portland Public Schools, please visit PPS’ OPEF webpage; deadline is TBA.
|April 8||Invitation-Only Interviews, Oregon Professional Educator Fair, Portland, OR|
|April 8||Alaska Teacher Placement L48 Portland Job Fair, Portland, OR|
|April 13||Central Oregon Educator Job Fair, Deschutes County Fairgrounds, Redmond, OR|
|April TBA||Hawai’i State Dept. of Education Portland Mini-Job Fair, Portland, OR|
National Recruiting Events
American Association for Employment in Education: Education Career Fair, Norfolk, VA, October 24, 2019
Teacher of Color Recruitment Fair, Atlanta, GA (private and independent schools), February 8, 2020
International Educator Fairs and Seminars
NB: Registration deadlines for international fairs often occur months in advance of the actual event.
Council of International Schools (CIS) Career and Recruiting Events, various dates and locations
International Schools Services (ISS) Recruitment Fairs, various dates and locations
Queen’s University Teachers’ Overseas Recruiting Fair, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, January 2020
Search Associates Job Fairs, various dates and locations
University of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Recruiting Fair, Waterloo, Iowa, January 31 - February 1, 2020
TIE’s Preview of International Recruiting Fairs (a sample of recruiting events including UNI, CIS, ISS, Search Associates, et cetera)
Tips for Attending
- Register to attend the fair or networking event.
- Know before you go that the goal of these events is networking; rarely does instant hiring take place.
- Take multiple copies of your resume.
- Carry lunch, snack, water, and copy center money. Carry a briefcase or portfolio with pens, highlighters, and room to store resumes and applications.
- Take a portfolio, work sample, or sample lesson.
- Patience really IS a virtue…be prepared to spend time standing in lines for the opportunity for 2-3 minutes of networking time with an administrator.
- Approach each discussion with a school district representative as you would an interview.
- Review the list of participating school districts ahead of time. Plan and prepare for conversations with representatives from these districts.
- Wear comfortable, yet appropriate, attire (“corporate dress” is appropriate).
- Send thank you notes to the school district representatives with whom you meet.