Online ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement Program Information Session
Date: December 10 2012 4:00pm Location: Nyssa Elementary School, 809 Bower Avenue, Nyssa, OR
Join us December 10 in Nyssa, OR to learn more about Lewis & Clark’s Online ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement Program.
The program is designed for teachers and administrators holding an Oregon teaching license who wish to reinforce their skills and knowledge to better serve students acquiring English as a second language.
The complete 14-semester hour endorsement program of four courses and a practicum focuses on principles, theories, and research relevant to the needs of students acquiring English as a second language.
Courses within the program can be taken individually or as part of the complete program, and may be taken in any sequence.
“This program has changed the way I teach. I am now more aware of my students’ individual needs. I use a variety of teaching strategies throughout the school day, and I have a greater focus on their home lives.”
- K-12 teacher and ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement Program graduate
The next course offered in this online cohort is ESOL 602 Focus on Culture and Community in Teaching ESOL/Bilingual Students, beginning January 7, 2013.
If you are interested in participating in the program or an individual course but can’t attend this info session, please contact us so we can provide you with the details.
Why choose Lewis & Clark’s Endorsement Programs?
• Designed to meet the needs of practicing professionals and rural communities – classes are online!
• Reduced off-campus tuition rate.
• We will tailor the program to meet the specific needs of your district.
• All endorsement coursework is degree-applicable and may be applied toward the inservice M.Ed. programs at Lewis & Clark Graduate School.
• Our program is TSPC-approved and includes some of the requirements for the Continued Teaching License.
New events are added to our calendar regularly. For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.
The Center for Community Engagement is located in room 105 of Rogers Hall on the Graduate Campus.
Center for Community Engagement
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 85
Portland, OR 97219