Elena Lilles Diamond
TORI AVA PHOTOGRAPHY
Elena Lilles Diamond received her Ph.D. from the combined Counseling, Clinical, School Psychology program at the University of California, Santa Barbara with an emphasis in school psychology. She is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist, a licensed school psychologist in Oregon and a credentialed school psychologist in California. Dr. Diamond is an assistant professor and program clinical coordinator for the School Psychology program at Lewis & Clark.
Areas of Expertise
School Readiness, Early Intervention, Academic Achievement, Consultation, International School Psychology
Dr. Diamond has primarily been engaged in research that has focused on Latino/a children’s school readiness and early screening for academic challenges.
Diamond, E. (in press). DSM-5 and School Psychology: Communication Disorders. Communiqué.
- Griffiths, A. J., Lilles, E., Furlong, M. J., & Sidwha, J. (2012). The relations of adolescent student engagement with troubling and high-risk behaviors, In S. L. Christenson, A. L. Reschly & C. Wylie (Eds.), The handbook of research on student engagement (pp. 563-584). DOI 10.1007/978-1-4614-2018-7_27
- Quirk, M., Furlong, M.J., Lilles, E. Felix, E. Chinn, J. (2011). Preliminary development of a Kindergarten School Readiness Assessment for Latino Students’, Journal of Applied School Psychology, 27, 77-102.
- Lilles, E., Furlong, M. J., Quirk, M., Felix, E., Dominguez, K., Anderson, M. (2009). Preliminary development of the Kindergarten Student Entrance Profile. The California School Psychologist, 14, 71-80
- Lilles, E. (2009). Preschool for All Pilot at McKinley: Year 4 Follow-up Evaluation. First 5 Santa Barbara County.
- Furlong, M. J., Jones, C., Lilles, E., & Derzon, J. (2009). Think Smart, Stay Safe: Aligning Elements within the Multi-level Approach to School Violence Prevention, In H. Walker & G. Stoner (Eds.), School-based Interventions. Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Griffiths, A. J., VanDerHeyden, A.M., Skokut, M., & Lilles, E. (2009). Progress Monitoring in Oral Reading Fluency within the Context of RTI. School Psychology Quarterly, 24(1), 13-23.
- Boman, P., Furlong, M. J., Schohet, I., Lilles, E., & Jones C. (2009). Optimism and the school context, In R. Gilman, E. S. Huebner, & M. J. Furlong (Eds.), Handbook of positive psychology in the schools. New York: Taylor & Francis.
- Lilles, E., Griffiths, A., Lee, A., Cardenas, S., Chaco, Y., & Jimerson, S. (2008). A consultation model to facilitate reading success. California School Psychologist, 13, 19-32.
Whalen, A., & Diamond, E. (2015, February). Effective Clinical Supervision: Tools and Tips for Success. Mini-skills workshop presented at the 2015 meeting of the National Association of School Psychologists, Orlando, FL.
- Diamond, E. L., & Hart, S. (2014, February). Leader, Collaborator, Coach, Mentor: Wearing the School Psychologist Consultant Hat. Mini-skills workshop presented at the 2014 meeting of the National Association of School Psychologists, Washington DC.
- Lilles, E., M., Quirk, M., Furlong, M. & Felix, E. (2011, February). Ready to Go: A Universal School Readiness Assessment Predicts Achievement. Paper presented at the 2011 meeting of the National Association of School Psychologists, San Francisco, CA.
- Furlong, M., Quirk, M., Lilles, E., Gonzales, V., & Lau, W. (2010, March). Kindergarten Student Entrance Profile—Research Form. Workshop presented at the 2010 meeting of the California Association of School Psychologists, Santa Clara, CA.
- Lilles, E., Quirk, M., & Furlong, M. J. (2009, March). Kindergarten Student Entrance Profile: An Action Research Project First 5-SMBSD-UCSB. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the California Association of School Psychologists, Riverside, CA.
- Furlong, M. J., & Lilles, E. (2008, March). A Longitudinal Study of School Readiness as Predictor of Future Academic Achievement. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the California Association of School Psychologists, Burlingame, CA.
2011 Ph.D., 2008 M.Ed. University of California, Santa Barbara, 2005 B.A. University of Redlands