Seeking Social Mentor
February 05, 2018
My son Edward age 21 has Aspergers.
He graduated from high school last year and having difficulties making new friends and going to activities due to his anxiety. His friends have moved on to college and work and it has been difficult forming new relationships. His psycologist recommended a social mentor from your college to help/teach him social integration and self-advocacy.
Of course this is a paid position.
We are looking for:
- A “friend” to help ease meeting new people
- Modeling on social conversation
- Meet and talk with him regularly (time to be determined)
- Plan and attend outings
- Lessen anxiety
- Build confidence and independence
- How to find and experiment with new activities/interests
- Building a new network of friends
For more information:Diane Bedor