Elementary Position at the Islamic School of the Muslim Educational Trust
September 11, 2017
Dear Friends, As-Salamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you),
A position recently opened up for 2nd Grade Homeroom Teacher at the Islamic School of MET. If interested, please email your resume asap to email@example.com. The qualifications and job description are below. Please also feel free to contact us with any questions at
ISMET/OIA School Mission:
To deliver superb academic and spiritual instruction within an Islamic environment that will nurture our children’s hearts and minds and prepare them for their role in life as stewards of Earth and humanity.
Applicants must have a Masters degree in Education or Subject area, a current teaching license, and 3+ years teaching experience.
- Understand our school mission and work towards achieving it
- Teach with knowledge and passion to school-set standards
- Prepare classes & turn in weekly lesson plans based on school curriculum
- Evaluate course materials and develop new courses as needed
- Integrate technology in teaching and assessment
- Supplement curriculum as needed for a hands-on enjoyable learning experience
- Provide a clearly defined student evaluation system following the school policy for grade breakdown, etc.
- Return student assessments promptly with adequate feedback
- Write student narratives and feedback as required
- Work with students inside and outside of class as needed
- Maintain high standards for student behavior in and out of class.
- Report any infractions promptly to the office
- Be available and responsive to parents; Attend parent conferences
- Attend school functions
- Attend all-school department and committee meetings
- Be committed to ongoing professional growth and development
- Chaperone, proctor, and fulfill school duties as assigned
- A positive attitude
- Creativity and passion about teaching
- Proficiency in spoken & written English and Microsoft Office Apps
- Excellent people skills & verbal and written communication skills
- Solid work ethic and professionalism
- A wide range of teaching strategies and instructional techniques
- Experience and demonstrated ability in a multicultural, differentiated learning classroom setting
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Passion to help children achieve their dreams and realize their full potential
- Commitment to MET’s vision and resolve to make a difference in our community through the education of our youth
- Commitment to surpass state standards and meet MET’s rigorous expectations and serious undertaking of God’s trust
- Drive to inspire our community to appreciate the value of MET, and promote its programs
The Muslim Educational Trust is a non-profit organization dedicated to the betterment of our society, and to achieving its purpose through education, cooperation, and networking programs which benefit both Muslims and non-Muslims in the greater Portland, Oregon area.To learn more about the Muslim Educational Trust, our partners, and our programs, please click here to visit our website.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 503-579-6621.
Thank you and best regards.
Muslim Educational Trust