ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement Program Information Session
Date: November 12 2013 4:00pm - 4:30pm Location: David Douglas District Office, 1500 SE 130th, Portland, OR
David Douglas District Office, 1500 SE 130th, Portland, OR
Our ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement Program is designed for teachers and administrators holding an Oregon teaching license who wish to reinforce their skills and knowledge to better serve students acquiring English as a second language.
The complete 14-semester hour endorsement program of four courses and a practicum focuses on principles, theories, and research relevant to the needs of students acquiring English as a second language.
Why choose Lewis & Clark’s Endorsement Programs?
• Designed to meet the needs of practicing professionals and rural communities – we come to you!
• Reduced off-campus tuition rate.
• We will tailor the program to meet the specific needs of your district.
• All endorsement coursework is degree-applicable and may be applied toward the inservice M.Ed. programs at Lewis & Clark Graduate School.
• Our program is TSPC-approved and includes some of the requirements for the Continued Teaching License.
“This program has changed the way I teach. I am now more aware of my students’ individual needs. I use a variety of teaching strategies throughout the school day, and I have a greater focus on their home lives.”
- K-12 teacher and ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement Program graduate
Course dates and times will be discussed at the info session and are decided based upon availability of the group.
If you are interested in participating in the program or an individual course but can’t attend this info session, please contact us so we can provide you with the details.
Courses within the program can be taken individually or as part of the complete program, and may be taken in any sequence.
New events are added to our calendar regularly. For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.