Learning Forward Oregon: Networking Event for Educators
Date: 5:00pm - 7:00pm PDT October 17, 2012 Location: Smith Hall, Lewis & Clark College
Smith Hall, Lewis & Clark College
The theme of this event is Leveraging Professional Learning in the Redesign of Oregon Education.
Event topics and goals
1. Connect, collaborate, and network with a community of like-minded educators who support high quality professional learning.
2. Participate in a discussion with Rob Saxton, newly-appointed Oregon State Superintendent, and a panel of Oregon educational leaders, about education reform in Oregon, including aligning professional development with teacher and administrator evaluation as required by SB 290.
3. Learn about the Learning Forward Oregon Affiliate and how to access resources for implementing sustained, job-embedded, and practical professional learning that directly links to student achievement.
Who should attend
• National Learning Forward members and those interested in Oregon’s Learning Forward Affiliate.
• Educational leaders and organizations that support professional development.
• Educators who are supporters and advocates of high quality professional learning.
$15 covers entry to the event with wine and appetizers. $20 at the door October 17.
If you are planning to join us please register by Friday, October 5, however walk-ins will be welcome.
For questions or additional information about Learning Forward Oregon, please contact Diann Osterlund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions to this event and parking information will be included in the confirmation letter sent to pre-registered participants. Click here for campus maps and directions.
This event is presented in partnership with the Lewis & Clark Graduate School of Education and Counseling, and Learning Forward Oregon.
New events are added to our calendar regularly. For the latest on events related to your specific interests, sign up to receive periodic updates by email and/or mail.