School Counseling Documents
The following important documents can be found on this page. Please scroll down the page until you find the section you are looking for.
Micro Internship (SCED 502 & 506)
- SCED 500 Introduction to School Counseling
- SCED 501 Academic Development and Consultation
- SCED 502 Internship: Academic Development
- SCED 503 Career Development and Consultation
- SCED 505 Personal/Social Development and Consultation
- SCED 506 Internship: Personal/Social Development
- SCED 507 Development of the Learner: Child/Adolescent
- SCED 508 Social Justice, Diversity and Cultural Issues
- SCED 509 Ethical and Legal Issues
- SCED 510 Family Dynamics, Community Resources, and Consultation
- SCED 511-01 Group Facilitation Skills
- SCED 512-02 Disability in the Educational Context
- SCED 513-01 Educational Research
- SCED 516 School Counseling Internship
- SCED 517 Practicum
- SCED 550 Clinical Issues for School Counselors
- SCED 565 College Planning
- SCED 598 Special Studies: Motivational Strategies for School Counselors
- SCED 598 Special Studies: Intro to Spanish Lang/Advocacy
General Department Documents
- Graduate School of Education Student Handbook
- School Counseling Handbook
- Petition for Transfer Credit
- Petition for Waiver of Credit
- Ethical Guidelines Form
- Ethical Standards Statement
- Discrimination Affidavit Form
- Student Academic Program Portfolio
- The National Standards for School Counseling Programs: A Partnership in Preparing Students for the New Millennium (Carol Dahir)
Practicum Documents (SCED 517)
- Students with incompletes on record or missing/expired TSPC clearance may not register for SCED 502, SCED 506, SCED 516 or SCED 517.
- Practicum internship hours: 100 per semester, for a total of 200 hours for the year.
- All practicum hour logs can be accessed on Taskstream.
Forms and Manuals
Student Practicum Manual—CONTACT INSTRUCTORS
Mentor Practicum Manual
Micro Internship Documents (SCED 502 & SCED 506)
Personal/Social (SCED 506)
1. Students with incompletes on record or missing/expired TSPC clearance may not register for SCED 502, SCED 506, SCED 516 or SCED 517.
2. All micro hour logs can be accessed on Taskstream.
Academic Micro (SCED 502)
Personal/Social Micro (SCED 506)
Forms and Manuals
Macro (SCED 516) Internship Documents
1. All students planning to register for SCED 516 Fall/Spring must have attended the pre-Macro meeting being held in early Spring.
2. Students with incompletes on record or missing/expired TSPC clearance may not register for SCED 502, SCED 506, SCED 516 or SCED 517.
3. All macro hour logs can be accessed on Taskstream.
In addition to passing scores on the ORELA: Civil Rights test prior to internship/practicum placement, part of the requirements for eligibility for Preliminary licensure is a passing score on the ORELA: School Counseling test. For more information, log on to www.orela.nesinc.com
IMPORTANT: please send copy of your score report to the Graduate Admissions office as soon as you receive it (if scores were not directly reported to Lewis & Clark). You cannot be recommended for licensure without it.
Students will be required to completed the Student Academic Program Portfolio (SAPP) as a licensure requirement.
- 516 Internship Pre-Agreement Form
- Field Supervisor/Mentor Resume Form (may be substituted for resume)