Licensing for Teachers
How to Apply for an Oregon Preliminary Teaching License
- Application Instructions: Preliminary Teaching License (pdf)
How to Add an Endorsement or Specialization
- Application Instructions: ESOL, Reading Intervention, and Special Education: Generalist (pdf)
- TSPC Requirements to Add Endorsements and Specializations (pdf)
National Board Certification
Forms and Transcripts for TSPC Applications
- Request an Oregon TSPC e-C-2 Form (ROLR Form)
- Request Official Lewis & Clark Graduate Transcripts
- TSPC’s eLicensing Instructions and Portal
Status of Test and edTPA Scores in WebAdvisor
Graduate Admissions office
Status of Your Recommendation
Sharon Chinn, K-12 Career and Licensing Services
(Once all Oregon license program requirements, including the edTPA and tests, are complete, you are eligible to be recommended for a full, regular license in any state.)
How Long Do I Have to Complete My Program and Apply to TSPC?
“Programs of study for licensure, endorsements, and certificates* must be completed within five years of matriculation, except the Professional Administrator License program, which must be completed within nine years of matriculation. This includes required subject-area tests if the student intends to apply to the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) for a license or endorsement.” Lewis & Clark Graduate School Catalogue, 2017-’18
How long will it take TSPC to update my license?
TSPC’s license processing time is approximately 4-12 weeks.
All “pdf” documents require Adobe Reader to view (this is a free download).