TSPC News, Effective January 1, 2016:
- The license application fee will increase to $140 for all applications received after 12/31/15.
All Initial I Teaching Licenses will be renamed as Preliminary Teaching Licenses.
All Initial II Teaching Licenses will be renamed as either Preliminary or Professional Teaching Licenses based on experience.
All Continuing Teaching Licenses will be renamed as Professional Teaching Licenses.
All Oregon TSPC-licensed educators will be eligible to add an optional bilingual specialization to their license. Contact TSPC for details.
TSPC News, Effective July 1, 2015:
- All Oregon teaching licenses are now valid for grades PK-12.
- TSPC no longer requires a basic skills test for initial educator licensing in Oregon; however, other states may require this test.
TSPC has changed the requirements for renewing teaching licenses and for moving to the second-stage license. Please contact TSPC for information on how this change will impact your licensing requirements.
Oregon Teaching License Application Instructions
- Professional/Continuing Teaching License (pdf)
- PTL/CTL with ESOL Endorsement (Track I with PTL/CTL) (pdf)
- PTL/CTL with Reading Endorsement (pdf)
- PTL/CTL with Special Educator Endorsement (pdf)
Oregon Adding Endorsement Application Instructions
- ESOL Endorsement (Track I with Basic or Standard, Track II, and M.A.T. with ESOL Endorsement) (pdf)
- Reading Endorsement (pdf)
- Special Educator Endorsement (pdf)
- Basic or Standard “Exceptional Learner I” (pdf)
National Board Certification
Forms and Transcripts for TSPC Applications
- Request an Oregon TSPC e-C-2 Form (ROLR Form)
- Request Official Lewis & Clark Graduate Transcripts
- TSPC’s eLicensing Instructions and Portal
- TSPC Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations
Status of Test Scores in WebAdvisor
Graduate Admissions office
Status of Your Recommendation
Initial I Teaching License Fast-Track:
Marjorie Synakiewicz, Teacher Education Department
Continuing Teaching License or Endorsement:
Sharon Chinn, K-12 Career and Licensing Services
(Once all Oregon license program requirements, including tests, are complete, you are eligible to be recommended for a full, regular license in any state.)
How Long Do I Have to Apply to TSPC?
…(2) Applicants from Oregon approved programs must apply for licensure within three years following completion of their respective programs. If more than three years elapse before application is made, the candidate must qualify for recommendation under rules for licensure in effect at the time of application. OAR 584-052-0010 Preparation in Oregon Institutions
How long will it take TSPC to update my license?
TSPC’s license processing time is approximately 4-12 weeks.
All “pdf” documents require Adobe Reader to view (this is a free download).